I am an award-winning illustrator, creative web designer, and WordPress power-user for the Oklahoma-based agency Pixelmongers. I’ve worked on a diverse range of projects, including UI/UX design, variable data printing, and eCommerce sites with Square POS implementation.
Before moving to the digital space, I successfully worked for ten years as the Production Chief and Art Director at New Plains Student Publishing. Publications for which I’ve designed include the New Plains Review, ScissorTale Review, 1890: A Journal of Undergraduate Research, and The Central Dissent: A Journal of Gender and Sexuality.
I got my start in the industry working as a Marketing Representative for WeatherBank, Inc., where I designed meteorological infographics as well as marketing materials for print.
My art has been published in New Plains Student Publishing New Plains Reviews for five seasons, i.e.
- In Fall 2015, my Linoleum print for cover art.
- In Spring 2015, Illustration for special section divider page.
- In Fall 2014, Paintings for divider pages.
- In Spring 2013, Photography for divider pages.
- In Fall 2012, Photography for divider pages.
My art has been exhibited in various exhibitions and illustration shows.
- In 2016, my art presented in BFA Senior Capstone Exhibition, CFAD (College of Fine Arts and Design) at UCO (University of Central Oklahoma), Paseo, OK.
- In 2014, my artwork was exhibited in the 4th Illustration Show, at the event of Group Exhibition at DC on Film Row, CFAD at UCO, OKC, OK
- Again in 2014, another art was presented at the Get Your Geek On: Celebrating Art in Anime Comics, and Video Games. It was a Group Exhibition at Milton Gallery, CFAD at UCO, Edmond, OK.
Awards and Accolades
It might be a cliché, but as an artist myself, I have never done art just to seek the pleasure of getting numerous awards, fame, or fortune. The satisfaction from the work that I do is the reward itself.
- I received three ADDY awards in total, from which two of them were from the same event of 2015. The Silver Student Award with my Entered Work: I Am Not an Animal and the other: Childhood Memories.
- The other ADDY award I received in 2013 for: A Greek Tragedy.
- I also received three CFAD awards. Two in the same year in 2014 and the other in 2012.
I have done volunteering work at CFAD, where I assisted in setting up the exhibition for the visiting artist Christopher Daniggelis. I also volunteered at the Edmond Arts Festival in 2015 and 2014 as a UCO Student Art Booth.
I received my BFA from the University of Central Oklahoma in 2016 with majors in Studio Art while Minors in Art History, Graphics Design Illustration Emphasis.
Back in 2005, I also took Visual Art and Animation Courses from Salt Lake Community College.